Position Description: Functions as support for the smooth operation of the culinary department by providing a clean and sanitary work environment stocked with sanitary culinary tools, china, utensils, and clean kitchen equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Ensures the sanitation and cleanliness of all areas of the dish room, kitchen aisles, employee areas, store rooms and dock areas.
- Follows rotating daily checklists as distributed by management.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed for setting up dish machine and dish-ware washing.
- Sets up kitchen daily with clean mats, trash cans in appropriate areas
- Maintains the acceptable standards for all dish-ware storage and sanitation.
- Actively promotes accident prevention through proper and acceptable levels of sanitation and cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Handles trash removal and trash receptacle cleanliness
- Maintains all kitchen/kitchen restroom area soap and paper towel dispensers to full levels daily.
- Oversees the kitchen recycling program.
- Performs routine kitchen cleaning to include floors (sweeping & mopping), baseboards, tile walls, equipment, and cookware.
- Performs cleaning projects found in the “Steward Responsibilities” checklist, completing the tasks on the checklist without supervision during down times at dish machine.
- Assists with distribution of necessary glassware, china, and other eating utensils to support member and conference guest functions.
- Ensures sufficient china, glassware, and cooking utensils are on hand to support the operation of the culinary department.
- Maintains and requisitions necessary cleaning products and chemicals for routine and special cleaning duties.
- Assists culinary staff as needed.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by Culinary and Club management
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills: Excellent organization and communication skills as well as being detail oriented.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: General cleaning equipment, office equipment, and culinary equipment.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift and move heavy tables, chairs and other objects of 50lbs or more. Requires ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally stressful and challenging.