Seasonal Tennis Professional
Position Description: This position is responsible for the day-to day duties of the pro-shop and Racquet Club facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Greet members and guests and assisting the pro’s in introducing and selling tennis programs, clinics, rates and packages, assisting in arranging matches, manage complaints or issues that arise from members and guests and inform a supervisor.
- Insure that computers, printers and office equipment are functioning correctly.
- Monitor shop supplies, bulletin boards, make coffee, check answering machine, monitor towel, coffee, Gatorade and other supply usage and inform supervisor of needs.
- Know rates and current program schedule, sign up members/guests for events, book court reservation sheets, monitor sign ups and program binders.
- Accurately take messages for supervisors and all other employees
- Perform routine court maintenance responsibilities as needed (brush, line, water) and have basic understanding of court watering system.
- Take lesson overflow when needed.
Education: High School Diploma preferred
Experience: Six months retail, recreation or tennis attendant and/or teaching experience preferred.
Skills: Good customer service and communication skills, requires good mathematical abilities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate computer and other routine office equipment, hydraulic
Court rolling machine, various small court tools and machinery
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending, reaching. May require some heavy
lifting up to 30 lbs. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machinery. Requires
normal range of hearing and vision.