Pantry Cook/Prep Cook
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains a high degree of cleanliness throughout the work area including reach-in and walk-in boxes.
- Prepare Salads, Appetizers, Fruits, Pastry and Bread items, Dressings, Cold Dishes in a consistent and creative manner to maintain quality standards.
- Assist with Banquets and Special Event production and prep.
- Assists all kitchen associates in service and pre-food preparation.
- Assist as to the deposition of left over food items.
- Checks supplies of needed food items and notifies manager of any shortages of items to be produced on a given day.
- Adheres to and assists other associates in maintaining proper food safety, sanitation, and accident prevention.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Promote the Seabrook Island Club’s mission to be a superior private club. Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Must have working knowledge of basic cold food preparation and sanitation
standards as well as the operation of kitchen equipment. Cold food preparation
Skills: Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift up to 30lbs.