Position Description: The Equestrian Maintenance Technician is responsible for building and trail maintenance and minor repairs. This position surveys Equestrian Center facilities and grounds for needed repairs; making the needed repair or coordinating with Club Maintenance or an outside vendor for larger projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- The primary focus of this job it to maintain the facilities to a safe and superior service level.
- Check facilities daily for proper operation of all equipment.
- Complete daily maintenance of all horse trails and pastures.
- Maintenance of rings and jumps.
- Complete building and fence repairs.
- Document the problems found, work completed, and how resolved.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Promote and adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in the residential or commercial building repairs or general maintenance.
Skills: Proficient at trouble-shooting/ problem solving a variety of situations by schooling or on the job training. Good oral and written communication skills required. Must maintain a valid SC driver’s license.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Own hand tools, various hand held and stationary power tools, and maintenance utility vehicle.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires ability to work a 16-foot height, carry up to 50 pounds, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time. Requires the ability to work inside or outside in moderate and extreme temperatures and weather. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to endure extreme weather and outdoor temperature conditions for long periods of time.