Position Description: To greet and seat guests and achieve total member and guest satisfaction in line with established standards of service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Greet members/guests and seat in the appropriately. Provide menus and notify servers of table.
- Take reservations and fill out tickets for servers. Note birthday, anniversary nights, special requests, VIP’s. etc..
- Answers telephone properly, knowing general Club information in order to give proper information and assistance to members and guests.
- Assist with service as needed, pouring water, coffee or anything else requested by a supervisor or manager.
- Reset tables as needed.
- Take, enter and assemble to-go orders.
- Keep entire hostess area clean, stocked and organized.
- Complete all opening and closing sidework for each shift and complete weekly cleaning duties as assigned by management.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Any tasks as assigned by a server captain, supervisor or manager.
- Must be able to work under high volume situations.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
- Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Experience: 6 months restaurant service experience preferred.
Skills: Good communication skills required, ability to multi-task and work with others required. Good personality, hard work ethic and willing to be part of team required. Good phone skills and customer interaction required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Computer POS systems, coffee machine, ice tea machine, bread warmer, microwave, soup kettles, chafing dishes, any other miscellaneous restaurant equipment.
Typical Physical Demands Ability to handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 40 pounds. This position requires moderate strength and physical fitness. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to function professionally in a challenging and demanding environment as well as the ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time and the ability to work in extreme temperatures during long shifts.