Position Description: This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of 15 clay courts, as well as the overall maintenance, repair and aesthetics of the entire Racquet Club facility. This position will also assist with member-guest check in procedures and assist the Head Tennis Professional of Tennis with other various assigned tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote the Seabrook Island Club’s mission to be a superior private club.
- Perform all daily court maintenance including opening, mid-day, closing procedures: check court schedule and water, roll, brush, and line 15 courts as needed, refresh coolers with ice and water, empty garbage throughout facility, organize porch/deck furniture.
- Repair any loose/torn windscreens and damaged court surface or fencing as needed. Position will coordinate with the Head Tennis Professional on all maintenance and repair projects/tasks that may require court closings.
- Monitor entire court irrigation system and adjust/repair as needed. Responsible for the inventory of all spare parts as well as any tools/equipment that may be needed for facility duties.
- Assist the Head Tennis Professional on the progress and quality of outside maintenance contracts (i.e. landscaping and lawn care) and make the Head Tennis Professional aware of any facility needs. Advise and make recommendations on capital improvement and future facility needs.
- Working with the Head Tennis Professional, serve as lead for larger maintenance projects for the facility as needed. Coordinate smaller facility needs with the Club Maintenance Department.
- Work directly with vendors to identify and order product and materials to maintain facility standards while keeping within annual operating budget guidelines.
- Assist with inventory as needed
- Greet members and guests and assist the pros in introducing and selling tennis programs, clinics, rates and packages, assisting in arranging matches, manage complaints or issues that arise from members and inform the Head Tennis Professional.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise Assistant Court Facility Personnel to coordinate shared tasks for daily upkeep of the facility.
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate computer and other routine office machines. Must be able to operate and drive golf/tennis cart, hydraulic court rolling machine, various small court tools and machinery, and handle chemicals and herbicides.
Education: A High School diploma and two or more years experience in the tennis/maintenance field.
Experience: Thorough and proficient understanding of proper clay court maintenance and general repairs preferred. Should be able to operate computers and routine office equipment. Must have good understanding of the game of tennis.
Skills: Strong work ethic, organizational, communication and customer services skills are strong attributes. Must be flexible and have good interpersonal skills.
Typical Physical Demands: Position requires ability to endure outside climate and conditions on a year round basis, lift up to 80lbs. and long periods of standing, reaching, bending and lifting. Requires a normal range of hearing and vision.