Permits and Forms
Town of Seabrook Island – Business Licenses and Work Permits
SIPOA Commercial Rules & Regulations
- Seabrook Island POA Security tracks vehicles by license plate and barcode numbers and monitors commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with Rules & Regulations. If you sell a vehicle for which a barcode was issued, the barcode must be removed from the vehicle and returned to the SIPOA Security office.
- Commercial access through the gate begins at 6:30 am. Noisy work may be conducted between the hours of 7:00 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Saturday. All contractors must vacate Seabrook Island by 8:00 pm.
- The speed limit is 25 miles per hour, unless otherwise posted. *No tolerance – speed is checked by Radar. Infractions could result in the issuance of speeding citations and/or forfeiture of pass privileges. Every vehicle within Seabrook Island shall stop when signaled to do so by a Security vehicle by siren or flashing yellow lights. Every driver so signaled shall produce, on request by a Security Officer, driver’s license and registration of the vehicle being operated.
- Travel to and from the job site via the most direct route from the gate. Access to Seabrook Island Development (SID) is limited to the hours and place(s) you work. A commercial pass does not allow access to SID on days you do not work, nor does it permit you to be on Seabrook Island after authorized hours or after your work contract is complete.
- Do Not:
- Pass slow-moving vehicles unless invited to do so or pass bicycles at traffic islands.
- Bring children or pets on the work sites.
- Possess firearms/fireworks and other prohibited items. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, explosives, and stolen property are prohibited.
- Use a property owner guest pass to conduct commercial work.
- Transfer passes from one vehicle to another.
- Violations of any SIPOA Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures or any Federal, State, County or Municipal law may result in pass revocation and/or monetary assessments.
- Every commercial entity will be responsible for violations by its employees and Sub-Contractors.
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license. License checks may be made by SIPOA Security.
- SIPOA will deactivate the barcode(s) of any contractor in violation of the above rules, and access to Seabrook Island will be terminated. There is a $50 fee for replacement barcodes or to reactivate confiscated or terminated barcodes.