I have a confession to make: HGTV is my favorite channel on TV, and it’s not just because I work at a real estate office. Jillian Harris is my idol (always, always, “love it,”) watching House Hunters International always gives me the itch to travel, and I screeched with delight when Chip and Joanna recently announced they were launching a line at Target. So when SIRE Sales Executive Stuart Spisak gave me the renovation background of his new listing 3575 Seabrook Island Road, I instantly thought: “This should have been on a TV show.”
While the home underwent a total exterior renovation in the fall of 2008 (think: new roof, siding, trim, front deck, railing, landscaping and entry steps,) it was the details of the INTERIOR renovation in fall of 2011 that blew me away. The homeowners, along with Tom Martin & Son, took on a total gut and renovation of their home and made the most of their inverted floor plan design. They tore down walls, opened up the stairwell with new railings, laid new flooring, updated the kitchen and renovated the bathrooms – the list goes on and on. See at the end of this post for a full renovation timeline!
Now? The star of the home is the 17×43 foot great room. With vaulted ceilings, a fireplace and three sets of beautiful windows, + its close proximity to the kitchen, this room is an entertainer’s DREAM! Outdoor spaces include a back patio with a peek of the golf course, a grilling deck off the kitchen and a large front sundeck. (Did I also mention that I’ve always wanted to be a party planner?)
Additional features include a screened porch with spectacular ceiling detail, a sneakily hidden laundry closet, an 11×27 foot family room that could be converted into a 5th bedroom, a 3-stop elevator and copious amounts of storage. To top it all off, 3575 Seabrook Island Road is just a short walk to North Beach and a quick bike ride to the Seabrook Island Club amenities.
– Fall 2008 – Total Exterior Renovation: new roof, new hardi-plank siding, new trim, new front deck & entry steps, new railings, outdoor shower and new landscaping
– Summer 2010 – New concrete driveway
– Summer 2011 – New appliances + new washer in 2015
– Fall 2011 – Total gut & renovation of interior of home: new bathrooms, kitchen, flooring, new layout of master suite, new interior doors & new trim
– Summer 2016 – New screening on upstairs porch
– Spring 2016 – New first-level family room addition, including a walk-in storage room
– Spring 2016 – New lower level HVAC system
– Spring 2016 – New tankless water heater
– Spring 2017 – Exterior of home fully painted
– Summer 2017 – New wood on front deck & entry steps
Chip & Joanna would be proud.
3575 SEABROOK ISLAND ROAD BY THE NUMBERS:
3,057 square feet
4 bedrooms • 3 baths
Built in 1977 • Renovated Fall 2008 – Summer 2017
Listed at $899,000
*Listed by Seabrook Island Real Estate Sales Executive Stuart Spisak
843.768.7789 • firstname.lastname@example.org