Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Maintains the sanitary and cleanliness of the dishroom, kitchen aisles, and dock areas.
- Follows proper procedures for setting up the dishmachine, dish ware washing, storing, and sorting of all china and glassware.
- Performs breakdown of trays, washing china, glass, and silver.
- Stocks and distributes clean items to proper storage areas.
- Empties trash and cleans trash receptacles regularly.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Cleans kitchen equipment routinely and as needed.
- Cleans dock area thoroughly.
- Breaks down dish machine and cleans inside and out.
- Cleans breakdown tables.
- Cleans tile walls and baseboards.
- Actively promotes accident prevention by following safety policies, cleaning schedules and routinely inspecting kitchen area for spot cleaning.
- Completes all other duties as assigned by the Executive Steward and Culinary management tea m.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 6 months in a club or resort steward position.
Skills: Good communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Routine kitchen cleaning equipment and hand tools.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires ability to lift 50lbs or more. Requires ability to stand, reach, sit, stoop and bend for extended periods of time. Requires normal range of vision and hearing.