Position Description: Retail and administrative position responsible for the execution of day to day responsibilities in the golf shop including customer service, making tee times and merchandise sales. The position will also assist the Club Merchandise Manager with in all areas of inventory management and display for the golf shop and Seabrook Shoppe.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the professional staff with the implementation of golf operation policies and procedures. Interact with members, guests, and other employees to ensure customers receive the highest level of service.
- Assist with booking tee times, answering phone calls and checking in golfers through Jonas Point of Sale System
- Know, understand and relay the golf rate structure, daily and weekly event and program schedule, and tournament and event sign up for members and guests.
- Maintain the appearance of the retail outlets, to include fresh and appealing displays and organization of merchandise, as well as, overall cleanliness and neatness.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Assist the Club Merchandise Manager with all areas of inventory management and display for the golf shop and Seabrook Shop.
- Complete any other projects or tasks delegated by the Head Golf Professional and Club Merchandise Manager
- Attend and participate in department and club-wide staff meetings as required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Hospitality or retail management education preferred.
Experience: Retail experience and golf knowledge required. Experience working in the golf industry preferred.
Skills: Computer, customer service, ability to communicate professionally, ability to address
multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining professionalism and organization.
Equipment to Be Used: Point of sale system and other business software applications such as: Word, Internet, Publisher, and spreadsheet programs.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and sports equipment. Requires the ability to stand/sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and reaching. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift and move objects up to 30lbs. Requires the ability to function professionally in an environment that is both physically and mentally challenging.