This position is responsible for providing superior beverage service to bar guests and service staff alike and for maintaining bar standards of cleanliness. Achieve total member and guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead by example and promote Seabrook Core Values, Characteristics, Employee Constitution and Decision Making.
- Have an understanding of mixology, basic understanding of draft beer and soda systems, and moderate wine knowledge.
- Assure proper par levels an all beer, liquor, and wine according to par sheets. Note any discrepancies on the par sheet and verbally notify manager/supervisor at the beginning of shift.
- Bartenders shall be clean-shaven, showered and well groomed and shall come to work on time in a clean, pressed uniform.
- Proper and complete set up of banquet bars according to standard procedures.
- Provide proper fruit garnishes for all drinks.
- Keep the bar clean at all times. Follow opening and closing procedures. Complete daily and weekly scheduled cleaning tasks according to posted schedules.
- Keep glassware properly cleaned, sanitized, polished and stocked at all times while maintaining three compartment sinks.
- Be proficient and work towards mastering the computer point-of-sales systems.
- Make drinks quickly, neatly, and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive, friendly attitude towards guests, fellow employees and management at all times.
- Act as cashier for the bar at banquet functions if necessary. Bartenders shall be accountable for cash accuracy at the close of the shift.
- Be flexible in both scheduling and ability to take direction from several managers-, Restaurant Manager, Banquet Manager and Food and Beverage Service Director.
- Provide professional, efficient service to bar patrons and service staff alike. Maintain focus on always providing superior customer service.
- Must maintain the policy of this company to conduct operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to people and damage to property and equipment and that will comply with all applicable regulations for safety and health.
Education: High School diploma and two years bartending experience in upscale environment required. Recent graduates of mixology school with one year server, barback or some bartending experience will be considered. Must be familiar with state beverage service laws.
Experience: Minimum of one-year successful bartending experience in a restaurant or club establishment is required for this position.
Skills: Excellent bartending skills and knowledge of a variety of mixed drinks is required. Computer literacy and fundamental computer point-of-sales skills are needed for this position. Excellent people skills, even under stressful, faced paced work situations, are required for this position. Strong organizational skills-the ability to work quickly, efficiently and neatly while focusing on providing superior customer service-are needed in this position. The ability to think on your feet, prioritize customer needs and requests and to do several things simultaneously is required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment to be used: Must be able to operate a touch screen computer running point-of-sales and cash registers. Knowledge of draft beer and soda fountain equipment as well as blender, frozen drink machines and other typical bar equipment is essential.
Typical Physical Demands: Ability to handle high stress levels during service hours. Ability to carry trays and miscellaneous items of up to 50 pounds. This position requires moderate strength and physical fitness. The position also requires repeated bending, stooping, reaching and a normal range of hearing and vision. Requires the ability to function professionally in a challenging and demanding environment as well as the ability to remain on your feet for extended periods of time and the ability to possibly work in extreme temperatures during long shift hours.