The final 2010 sales numbers point to more people taking advantage of values created on
Five significant positive signs are evident in the 2010 numbers versus 2009.
- A 30% increase in sales volume over last year.
- A 17% increase in unit sales over last year and even 10% higher than 2008.
- A 12% increase in the overall average price of the sales in 2010
- An 8% decrease in property inventory from one year ago.
- An increase in approvals for construction of new homes on Seabrook. There were just 7 in 2009, but 19 in 2010
Unfortunately these increases are born out of the ashes of our national real estate crisis. The market is still very fragile and all property sales remain extremely price sensitive.
Most of the increases in 2010 sales occurred in the single family home category.Villas and unimproved lots showed the number of sales little changed from 2009. Average sale prices for villas and lots was down from the year before.
Please feel free to call me or your favorite Seabrook Island Real Estate Sales Executive today for more real estate market information (843) 768-2560.